Wealthy Affiliate Review
Wealthy Affiliate is the platform I am using to building this and other websites.
I have only recently joined so will be updating this Wealthy Affiliate Review as I go along.
So far – I am absolutely blown away!!!
It was easy to join with no credit card needed and I had immediate access to loads of training materials and the ability to set up 2 WordPress websites.
Sign up here for free – you never need to upgrade if the free version suits you.
Now I have made use of the free WordPress offerings in the past but this is much better as it is the equivalent (as far as I can see) of the paid for professional version. The first thing that I was pleased to see was that all the plugins are available. This was probably my greatest frustration with the free WordPress sites I ran.
I loved the free training – I did both the main courses although the suggestion was that you did one or the other. I was able to go through them quite quickly as I have an ICT background and I love this sort of thing. Also, I was so excited about it I couldn’t sleep so got up and worked on the second course through the night. I know, sad!! I’m sure I won’t keep doing that!
There are masses of other videos and blogs that you can look at in the free area. I did wonder if I should stick to the free offering and build up the websites with all this information and I think this could be effective but they have some amazing research tools in the paid version and I was dying to get my hands on those.
How does it work?
Basically there are just four things you need to do. OK – there are lots of things you need to do within these four areas, but you can come to that later.
1. Choose an interest
2. Build a website
3. Attract visitors
4. Earn revenue
The first lot of training (10 lessons) gives you an overview of all of these aspects but then really helps you set up your website and the first few pages.
The emphasis is to do it in such a way in that it will rank in Google, Bing and Yahoo so that you get lots of free appropriate traffic.
One of the ways that you can monetize your site is through affiliate links (many other ways are also covered in later training).
Did you know that in Amazon alone you can promote 488 million products? Well, I should say that you can choose from 488 million products, as you will never have time to promote them all! Not only that, but there are over 100,000 other companies looking for affiliates.
Why is this so good for teachers?
Well there is quite a bit of writing to do and teachers are usually good at writing, but more important teachers usually have or are creating masses of content on a weekly basis. Some of this might only get used once. You can re-purpose this material so you wouldn’t even need to be starting from scratch.
For example – supposing you were a geography teacher and had prepared some work on e.g. rivers. You could make that material one of your posts – with some relevant links at the bottom of the page. Maybe maps, books etc. You might want to prepare your notes on the website and share it with your students, then later you might want to add the links and share it with other teachers.
You might want to target someone other than your students. My other Wealthy Affiliate website is aimed mainly at parents.
Why did I move so quickly to the paid version if the free version is so good?
I did consider staying for longer on the free version but there were a number of things that the paid version offers that I want ed immediate access to:
- The research tools
- 25 websites available to set up – and I have a couple of others I want to start soon. I know, I know, I should be doing one at a time!
- Hosting, domains and unlimited emails attached to these websites- without having to set them up and pay for them all separately – as I have done previously with other projects I was involved in. I am quite good with computers but I am not a techie and sometimes in the past this was a real headache – whereas this looks so straight-forward.
- Live webinars – and access to the complete backlog of previous webinars as replays (over 400) – I love teaching and learning so I just love having access to high quality materials.
- Getting paid twice as much for referrals. You can get paid for referrals as a free member – and I think they are quite generous rates. However, you get paid virtually double if you are a paid up member. I have quite a few friends who want websites that are straight-forward to use and although they are not interested in affiliate marketing (yet) I think this might be just what they are looking for – at least for some of them.
- The chance to attend a convention in Las Vegas if more than 300 people sign up in 2018. Now that is something I would love to do – next year if not this year.
Here are some of the features as a table:
BTW – you could win a trip to Las Vegas